Wednesday, January 23, 2013

busy as a bee

why is it so hard to stop being busy for busy's sake to acknowledge the things you actually want to accomplish?

i went to the library the other day because i've been dreaming of laying in bed in the mornings and reading a great book. you know what i'm talking about - there's nothing better than staying cozy with a book, some tea, and no clock around. 

i had really wanted to make good use of this time between the end of classes {and a whirlwind of a year} and the arrival of the baby. and sure, i crossed a lot of things off my list, but not the ones that make me excited. 

well, i'm happy to report that i've completed 1 of the 5 of the books sitting on my nightstand - finished it this morning. in bed. tea at my side. and my dog looking at me with puppy eyes trying to weasel her way onto the bed. even the sun cooperated and stayed hidden behind the clouds until mid-morning.

i'm off now to do those daily tasks that we all have to do, satisfied to have crossed off a "nice to have" item before a "need to have."

have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...