Monday, February 18, 2013

time stops

i have to make my minutes count.

when the baby goes down for a nap, i am now realizing that my plans had better be set; that my goals must be written down. because otherwise time passes without progress. 

friday, minutes before nik came home, i finally sat down. i could think. and rest. because on friday, the little one happily skipped his naps, choosing instead to eat. {i will say, though, this is a choice i understand.}

what before the baby came along would have taken me 45 minutes now takes me a full day. i'm behind.

i know these things aren't nearly as important as feeding my child and listening to his coos. but that doesn't mean that the tasks can be abandoned.

my priorities certainly have shifted, but i still have responsibilities. 

-

time stops within these four walls; the day is ordered by my son. how do i reconcile this with the world on the other side of that door?

here's what i think: we'll find our way. that this is the way that oliver is being introduced to life on the other side of my abdomen. and that bit by bit, we'll take snail-sized steps and merge the two worlds. 

oh! time is up. little ollie is cooing - calling for his mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...